Release Notes for JMRI 4.13.1 release
Date: July 29, 2018
From: Bob Jacobsen
Subject: Test Release 4.13.1 of JMRI/DecoderPro is available for download.
This is a test release. Please post a note if you encounter any new or old bugs! And please back up your JMRI files before installing this, in case you want to go back to an earlier version.
This is the first in a series of test releases. We expect this series to end in the next JMRI production release around the end of 2018. (See the tentative release schedule)
Some of the changes involved are quite extensive. They may require a certain amount of experience before they are working well. Therefore, this test release should be considered experimental.
Update From Older JMRI Versions
If you are currently using JMRI 4.9.6 or earlier, we strongly recommend that you update to JMRI 4.12 and make sure that's running OK before updating to this test release. There have been a number of changes in serial port support, panel file format and configuration options since those earlier releases, and moving to the stable JMRI 4.12 release is a good way to work through any possible problems.
If you are currently using JMRI 4.7.3 or earlier on Linux or macOS (Windows doesn't need this), you must update to JMRI 4.12 and carrying out the migration process described in the JMRI 4.12 release note before updating to this release.
Known problems with this release
New warnings for this release:
- None currently
Older warningsSee the JMRI 4.10 release note for more warnings predating the 4.11 development series. These may be relevant to you if you're updating from an earlier version.
Since JMRI 4.11.8 Some new display capabilities were introduced into Layout Editor during JMRI 4.11-series development. This release changes some of the defaults in this area, which might change the appearance of some track segments on your panels if they're still using default values. If you select them and change their properties, then save your panel file(s), you can restore their previous appearance. There's a PDF document with more details. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Since JMRI 4.11.8 Because of changes to the "node identification" algorithm used to tell one computer running JMRI from another, you might receive a warning message about the "Node Identity" the first time you run JMRI version 4.11.8 or newer. (If you have more than one profile, this can happen with each). There's no permanent problem here, but you might have to reset your window preferences (i.e. position and size, column layout, etc) in this case. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Since JMRI 4.11.4 If you are running a local web site with a copy of the JMRI content, as described here, please repeat the "setSymLinks.sh" step near the bottom of those instructions after installing JMRI 4.11.4 (or later). This will make some new formatting available on your local site.
Since JMRI 4.11.4 There are issues with the Pi-SPROG One command station operation. A number of workarounds should be applied:
- Do not turn on the track power until the power supply to the Pi-SPROG ONE is turned on
- Do not enable extra debugging through default.lcf, nor open the system console window
- Do not open the SPROG console window
- Disable power conversion (CV 29) in all locos
- If connecting via VNC (or similar), setup the screen layout before turning on the track power
Since JMRI 4.11.2 The system connection preferences (i.e. hardware preferences) are now enforcing the correct form for system prefixes: One upper case letter, optionally followed by a number (one or more digits, e.g. "L12"). Existing prefixes in existing configurations are unchanged, but new ones will have to have the correct form.
Since JMRI 4.7.6 If you're having trouble getting your DCC programmer to work, try checking that the "Defaults" under "Preferences" are set to your hardware system. The reason: This version of JMRI (and all later) provides more options for "default systems": If you have multiple sets of hardware attached, which should be used for throttles, for programming, etc. JMRI tries to guess the right settings for these when you upgrade to this version, but apparently it sometimes gets that wrong (we haven't been able to track that down yet). Setting them manually fixes any wrong guesses.
Download links:Please note that the download links in this and future JMRI releases link to Github servers. People are welcome to distribute the download files further via other websites, etc. If you want to check that you've received original, unmodified versions, please check the files against the checksums shown below.
- OS X / macOS: https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/releases/download/v4.13.1/JMRI.4.13.1+R9341f13.dmg
- Windows: https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/releases/download/v4.13.1/JMRI.4.13.1+R9341f13.exe
- Linux: https://github.com/JMRI/JMRI/releases/download/v4.13.1/JMRI.4.13.1+R9341f13.tgz
Changes since Production release 4.12:The list of included commits is available from our GitHub code repository.
- Fixed scrolling in the LocoNet configuration tool panels
- There was work done on MERG consisting
- The MERG CBUS help screens where improved
- Improved MERG Event Capture
- Added auto-refresh to the Show Cabs tool
- Fixed NCE Edit Macro
- Improved the NCE Monitor
- Fixed NCE Edit Consist
- A problem that caused the Scale Track Tool to not work with Beziers was fixed
- The Color Chooser was updated and fixed
- Fixed a crash in Logix Tools Find Cross Reference
- Multiple enchancements to operations, including improved build report message when tracks full in staging
Turnouts, Lights and other elements
- Fixes and updates to Sensor debouncing
- Improvements to the Light Add/Edit dialog
- Better error messages if you try to run a script without an understandable file extension
- The aspect definitions in the AAR signal system were improved.
- Problems in the BR2003 signal definition were fixed
- New Preference to allow wifi throttles to create turnouts
- The Catalan translation was improved.
- The Danish translation was improved.
- The Dutch translation was improved.
- The German translation was improved.