Hardware Support: Lionel TMCC
As of JMRI v 2.11.8, Lionel TMCC Train commands are not yet available.
There is no Lionel TMCC model under the DecoderPro Roster Entry tabs, but you can set up TMCC decoder equipped Locomotives using the NMRA standard decoder near the top of the list.
First, connect your computer's serial port to the TMCC command station using a serial cable. This should be a "straight-through" or "modem" cable, nota "crossover" or "null-modem" cable. if your computer doesn't have a built-in serial port, you can use a USB-serial adapter, but make sure you install the correct drivers.
Next, configure the program:
- Start your JMRI-based program (DecoderPro, PanelPro, etc).
- Go to the Connections tab of the Preferences pane. This opens automatically the first time a program is run, or you can select it from the "Edit" menu.
- Click the + tab and Select "TMCC (Lionel)" as the System Manufacturer.
- Under Connections, choose from Serial and Simulator.
Enter a Prefix and Connection Name to identify this connection.
- When using Serial, pick the name of the serial port that
you have connected to the TMCC system.
If the baud rate doesn't show a fixed value, set it to 9,600 baud.
- Click "Save". You'll be asked if it's OK for the program to quit, click "Yes".
- Restart the program. You should be up and running.
(Not yet complete)
With JMRI 2.11.8, Lionel TMCC operation for engines and accessory decoders is available. Train commands are not yet available.
You will still need to turn your CAB on to use the Set features like setting an Locomotive ID. Once set up, however, you can perform most functions from the WiThrottles.
Listed are the common actions for Railsounds 4, ERR conversion boards, and TAS boards.
When using a JMRI Throttle to run a Locomotive, the function buttons are allocated as follows:
- AUX 2 (Headlights On / Off )
- Horn/Whistle 1
- Front Coupler
- Back Coupler
- F5 +0
- Aux 1
- F6 +1
- Volume Up
- F7 +2
- Crew Talk
- F8 +3
- Start up Sounds
- F9 +4
- Volume Down
- F10 +5
- Shut Down Sounds
- F11 +6
- Steam Release / RPM Decrease
- F12 +7
- Tower Comm
- F13 +8
- Aux Off ( Smoke OFF on Steam Usually )
- F14 +9
- Aux On ( Smoke ON on steam Usually )
- Aux 1
- Let Off Sound
- Toggle Direction
TMCC New Entry Format Summary
Here's a summary on how to enter the address for a new item (eg. Turnouts):
|In/Out||Entry||Meaning||makes System Name||Mask||Equivalent||Minimum||Maximum|
Third Party info
The Lionel Legacy website.