JMRI: DecoderPro User Guide
Downloading and installing
DecoderPro is distributed as part of the free JMRI downloads. The steps to getting it working are:
- Make sure DecoderPro can run on your computer
- The DecoderPro software will work on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. It will probably also work on most other modern operating systems that have Java available; contact us for help if you'd like to try it on some other system. You need to have a serial port available, either on the computer itself, or via a USB adapter.
- Make sure JMRI works with your DCC system
- The hardware page lists the DCC systems compatible with DecoderPro, along with the known limitations and the available tools.
- Download and install JMRI
on the main JMRI web site
provides links to download various JMRI versions, along
with links to release notes, etc.
Note that there are different downloads for different types of computers (Macintosh, Windows, etc), and the procedures for installing JMRI differ. You'll find all that explained on the Download page.
- Setup JMRI
- Please consult JMRI Setup Help. When Setup is completed, you should have a working DecoderPro installation.