JMRI Defense: Papers from Second Appeal to the Court of Appeals for the Federal CircuitMost of our legal defense is happening in the Northern District of Calfornia federal court. Papers from there are available on our main docket page.
On this page, we're providing copies of the court papers from our second appeal to the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, located in Washington DC. This is taking place during 2009. If you're interested in papers from the first appeal, during 2008, they're on a separate page.
Key Appeal DocumentsNote that these are presented in a "logical" order, not necessarily the chronological order in which they were filed. This is to intended to make it easier to understand how the key documents are interrelated.
- The original decision of the Northern District Court which is being appealed.
- Katzer's motion to transfer the appeal from the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Software Freedom Law Center (SFLC) motion to file Amicus Brief, including the actual brief.
- Association for Competitive Technology (ACT) motion to file Amicus Brief,
including the actual brief.
- Order granting permission to file brief
- Jacobsen's Appellant Brief
- Katzer's Appellee Brief
- Jacobsen's Appellant Reply Brief
- Notice to Court re Summary Judgement Order
- Joint Motion to Defer Oral Argument, granted by Clerk.
HearingThe hearing is currently set for 10AM Monday January 4th in Courtroom 201 of the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
The Court's address is 717 Madison Pl, Washington, DC.