Advanced LocoNet interfaces like the LocoBuffer series from RR-CirKits or the PRn series from DIgitrax collect statistics on the operation of the attached LocoNet. This window displays those.
The "Update" button requests information from the interface for display.
- The version number of the unit.
- The number of LocoNet breaks seen since the last time the interface was powered on. This is the number of times that the locobuffer sees a problem with its output message to the loconet and issues a break, that tells the devices that are receiving the data to throw that packet away and the locobuffer then resends the packet.
- The number of LocoNet errors seen since the last time the interface was powered on. This happens when the Locobuffer detects a problem on a packet it is receiving off the loconet. This should be a result of the sending device seeing a problem with the packet it is sending and issuing a break. The data is not lost when this happens, the sending device then sends the packet again. The worst case is if the Locobuffer seeing a problem with a packet it is receving and the transfitting device does not. The packet is then lost.
- Serial Number
- The serial number of the unit.
- PR2 Status
- The status bits from an interface in PR2 (programmer) mode.
- The current being drawn by the track, in some arbitrary units.
- Hardware Version
- The version number of the interface's hardware.
- Software Version
- The version number of the interface's software.
- Good Message Count
- The number of good LocoNet messages seen since the last time the interface was powered on.
- Bad Message Count
- The number of bad LocoNet messages seen since the last time the interface was powered on.
- MS100 Status
- The status bits from an interface in MS100 (LocoNet adapter) mode.
Some of these are displayed when the interface is acting as a programmer (PR2 mode), and others when it's acting as an interface (MS100 mode).